Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
The Other Log of Phileas Fogg by Philip José Farmer
THE FULL ACCOUNT
US $29 tpb / $75 hc
5.5×8.5, 526 pages
Limited Edition of 125 Hardcover copies
Everyone knows the legendary story of Phileas Fogg’s journey Around the World in Eighty Days as told by Jules Verne.
And Philip José Farmer’s fans know he uncovered the “secret history” behind Fogg’s unexpected journey in The Other Log of Phileas Fogg.
One of Meteor House’s most ambitious projects yet is The Full Account, a unique, one-of-a-kind edition wherein both classic books are woven together, allowing the reader to peruse the original exploits as described by Verne, followed by, in alternating fashion, Farmer’s revelatory account of what was actually occurring “behind the scenes.” Upon the recommendation of Verne expert Henry G. Franke III, we have utilized the Hutchinson text of Around the World in Eighty Days. The alternating texts of each novel have been set slightly differently in order to enhance readability.
This new combined edition features:
- Farmer’s Foreword and Introduction (as included in all prior editions of Other Log)
- “A Submersible Subterfuge, or, Proof Impositive” by H. W. Starr (as included in all prior editions of Other Log)
- “Jules Verne’s Extraordinary Voyages Around the World” by Jules Verne expert Henry G. Franke III
- “Only a Coincidence: Phileas Fogg, Philip José Farmer, and the Wold Newton Family” by Farmer and Wold Newton Family expert Win Scott Eckert—including a family tree graphic showing Philip José Farmer’s place in the Wold Newton Family!
- “A Chronology of Major Events Pertinent to The Other Log of Phileas Fogg” by Win Scott Eckert
Also included are two bonus stories, set in the latter part of the novel when Fogg and company are traveling across the midwestern United States:
- “Being an Account of the Delay at Green River, Wyoming of Phileas Fogg, World Traveler” by Win Scott Eckert
- “Passing through the Hands of Steel” by Dennis E. Power
In addition, by arrangement with artist Rick J. Bryant, we have included his original interior illustrations originally published in the 1982 TOR Books edition of Other Log.
The Hardcover Limited Edition features:
- Leatherette cover with gold foil stamping
- Custom printed end papers
- Illustrated signature page in color, signed by Eckert, Franke, Power, and cover artist M. S. Corley!
The Full Account will be available in a Signed Hardcover Limited Edition and a Trade Paperback Edition. The print run of the Hardcover Limited Edition as been set at 125 copies, with 80% already spoken for. After some delays, both editions are shipping in the first half of March.
Order both the Signed Hardcover Limited and Trade Paperback together and save $10!
Important Note: If you preorder this book, and purchase any in-stock item at the same time (in the same shopping cart), we may either need to charge additional postage for separate shipments, or you may need to wait until November to have all the books shipped together.